Taylor 724ce Select Koa V-Class Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric
Select-grade Hawaiian koa, ultra-thin matte finish and a vibrant voicing reveal an enticing new look, feel and sound for koa. Taylor's all-new, all-solid Hawaiian koa 700 series features beautifully grained select-grade koa with a tone-enhancing thin finish. Voiced to serve up a lovely, punchy attack that complements rich midrange shimmer and the sweetness, the 724ce Grand Auditorium is a treat for any player who loves the organic look and sound of koa.
With the new, all-solid-koa 700 Series, Taylor master designer Andy Powers has embraced Hawaiian koa's natural beauty and sonic virtues in a fresh way that brings a distinctive musical personality to the Taylor line. Compared to Taylor's established Koa Series, which showcases an ultra-refined look and sound, featuring figured koa, rich appointments, gloss finish and a smooth voice, the koa 700 Series channels more of koa's natural character in look, feel and sound.
- Taylor's forest restoration efforts in Hawaii helped us secure new varieties of koa that inspired master builder Andy Powers to design a new koa series with a new look, feel and sound
- Select-grade koa boast rich colour variegation and straight grain structure
- Ultra-thin matte open-pore finish creates a warm and inviting tactile sensation
- Very reflective of the individual player's touch
- Slightly altered back bracing makes for livelier, punchier voicing and more direct response than other koa guitars
Body / Top Wood: Solid select grade Hawaiian koa
Neck: Neo-tropical mahogany
Fretboard: West African ebony
Fretboard Inlay: New "Fountain" design in mother-of-pearl
Body Edge Treatment: Indian rosewood binding (including soundhole)
Rosette: Single ring, paua and rosewood
Tuners: Taylor polished bronze
Pickguard: Dark-stained maple
Nut Width: 1 3/4"
Scale Length: 25 1/2"
Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case
We Also Recommend