Steinberg UR22C 2-In/2-Out USB Audio Interface
2 x 2 USB 3.0 audio interface with 2 x D-PRE and 32-bit / 192 kHz support
The UR22C brings you amazing sound quality in a remarkably compact, tough and versatile package for composing and recording anywhere. Use it with a computer or an iOS device for superb results, wherever you are.
- Capture the subtlest nuance of every sound
- Fast, reliable connectivity for maximum peace of mind
- Compose and record anywhere
- Latency-free DSP effects
The UR22C is the perfect audio partner for composing and producing songs anywhere. With inputs for microphones and instruments (including onboard phantom power), MIDI inputs and outputs, latency-free monitoring with DSP effects and fast, reliable connectivity to computers or iOS devices, it is remarkably versatile. Not only that, but with two top class mic preamps, 32-bit/192 kHz recording quality and high-quality components throughout, the UR22C records your performance with stunning clarity and detail. Ideally sized to travel anywhere with you, its tough but lightweight construction and included Cubase AI recording software make it a great music-making companion.
Housed in a compact, rugged but lightweight enclosure, the UR22C's 32-bit/192 kHz recording quality, D-PRE preamps and seamless connection with iOS devices via SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 with USB-C delivers a superb, portable recording setup at studio grade sound level. And the included Cubasis LE iOS recording app means you can start making professional recordings on an iPad straight away while the dspMixFx application allows you to use the included DSP effects with any iOS audio software.
If you are gaming, creating or just listening to live streamed content, the UR22C ensures that you always enjoy the best sound. Thanks to its 32-bit/192 kHz audio quality you can even enjoy professional hi-res audio recordings in their full beauty, with the industry-leading D-PRE preamps and high-quality components guaranteeing highest recording quality. The Loopback function allows you to seamlessly mix live and playback audio, with effects if required, for an enhanced experience, while the UR22C's SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 with USB-C ensures you always have a reliable, fast connection.
• The industry-leading converters used in the UR-C series deliver exceptional audio quality, thanks to a maximum sampling rate of 192 kHz with 32-bit resolution.
• Superspeed USB 3.1 with USB-C - UR-C interfaces feature the USB 3.1 Gen 1 SuperSpeed standard, which provides fast, reliable and seamless connectivity to Mac and PC computers, as well as iOS devices.
• Ultra-rugged build - Built to the most exacting standards, with a robust metal casing, the UR-Cs are rugged enough to withstand all the rigors of the road.
• Latency-free monitoring with DSP effects - With built-in DSPs, UR-C interfaces provide zero-latency monitoring with effects for every DAW, with straightforward control of all routings and settings. Powered by Yamahas custom-designed SSP3 DSP chip, you can enjoy all the benefits of dspMixFx technology. This offers latency-free monitoring, together with the highly acclaimed REV-X reverb, the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip and Guitar Amp Classics for users of any DAW software.
• The UR-C series features Class-A D-PRE mic preamps, offering stellar recording quality unmatched in this price class. Yamaha's highly acclaimed D-PRE preamps deliver truly transparent and beautifully detailed sound.
• Steinberg's UR-Cs are compatible with all major audio software supporting the ASIO, Core Audio or WDM standard, providing a fully integrated, DSP-based monitoring setup wherever you are and with whichever DAW you use.
• iOS ready via CC Mode - Combining UR-C units with an iOS audio application such as Steinberg's Cubasis for iPad, provides you with a fully mobile audio recording solution.
• Loopback function for streaming - The Loopback function of the UR-Cs offers an easy way of streaming performances live to the Internet.
• Cubase AI
• Cubasis LE
• dspMixFx mixing application
Bundled effects plug-in suite - The UR-Cs come with both VST 3 and AU versions of the onboard DSP plug-ins, providing additional useful sound-shaping and FX tools. The Basic FX Suite comprises three software components: REV-X reverb, Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, and Guitar Amp Classics, all developed by Yamaha and incorporating modeling technology.
• REV-X reverb - The REV-X built into UR-C interfaces is a complex reverb algorithm, renowned for its high-density, richly reverberant sound quality, with smooth attenuation, spread and depth that work together to enhance the original, dry sound. Featuring three types of reverb effect - Hall, Room and Plate simulations - all include reverb time and level controls. REV-X is a truly classic reverb effect, perfect for bringing a professional sheen to every recording.
• Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip - Developed to deliver a highly musical result, the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip combines a sidechain-enabled compressor and a three-band parametric equalizer. As its name suggests, the Morph Knob allows you to morph through both EQ and compression settings in combination, letting you quickly dial in the ideal sound with a single control. Offering quick and easy setting of just the right combination of compression and EQ, the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip brings the ideal amount of ear-friendly dynamics to your sound.
• Guitar Amp Classics - Guitar Amp Classics are guitar amplifier effects that make extensive use of advanced Yamaha modeling technology, delivering highly realistic and finely tuned emulations of classic tube and transistor amplifier tones. Four amp types with different sonic characteristics are provided.
• Clean - Optimized for clean tones, this amp effectively simulates the tight brilliance of transistor amplifiers. Also featuring built-in chorus and vibrato, the tonal character of this model provides an ideal sonic foundation for recording with multi-effects.
• Crunch - This is the amp type to use when you want lightly overdriven crunch tones. It simulates the type of vintage tube amplifiers that are favored for classic blues, rock, soul, R'n'B and similar styles.
• Drive - The DRIVE amp type provides a selection of distortion sounds that simulate the tonal character of high-gain tube amplifiers. From mildly overdriven crunch to heavy distortion suitable for hard rock, heavy metal, or hardcore styles, this model offers a wide range of sonic opportunities.
• Lead - This amp type simulates a high gain tube amp that is rich in overtones. Ideally suited to playing lead guitar lines that will fit well within an ensemble mix, it can also be set up for crisp accompaniment tones, making it a very versatile emulation.
Connection Type: USB Type-C
Design: Desktop (1/3 19", 1HU)
Casing: Full-metal casing
Power supply: USB bus powered (USB-C) / External USB 5 V AC adaptor (not included)
Analog Inputs:1 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line), 1 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line/Hi-Z)
Analog Outputs:2 x 1/4" TRS (main out)
Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
USB: 1 x USB-C 3.1 Gen 1
AD/DA: 32 bit
Maximum sample rate: 192 kHz
Dynamic range input: 102 dB
Monitoring: Latency free monitoring with FX
Onboard DSP: SSP 3
Power Requirements: 4.5 W
Dimensions (W x H x D): 159 x 47 x 159 mm
Net Weight: 1.0 kg
• USB 3.0 cable (3.1 Gen1, Type-C to Type-A, 1.0 m)
• Startup Guide
We Also Recommend