Martin Road Series GPC-11E Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric
Martin’s timeless tone and history of acoustic innovation come to a great-playing, competitively priced road warrior in the value-packed Martin GPC-11E Road Series. This acoustic-electric prominently features Martin’s comfortable Grand Performance body style, built from solid spruce and sapele for premium Martin projection and resonance, along with a great-playing Performing Artist cutaway neck that boasts unfettered fret access and stunning playability. Gorgeous mother-of-pearl forms the soundhole rosette and graces the fingerboard top to bottom. Onboard Fishman MX-T electronics with an auto-mute soundhole tuner, which cuts the output when engaged for discreet stage tuning, ready this guitar for prime time.
Comfortable Grand Performance body style
The forward, balanced tone of the GPC-11E comes from its Grand Performance body style. This body style provides excellent projection and focus with a warmth that doesn’t boom in the low end or harsh out in the higher range. This sound is popular for both fingerstyle nuance and full-chord strumming. The Grand Performance size gives you more lows than 000 models but is still supremely comfortable during marathon gigs.
Quality solid tonewoods deliver timeless tone
As a top tonewood, Sitka spruce offers a combination of strength and elasticity that delivers a broad dynamic range with crisp articulation — one that’s ideal for a wide variety of playing styles, from delicate fingerpicking to aggressive flatpicked strumming. Sapele, used for the back and sides of the GPC-11E, is tonally similar to mahogany, but its higher density tends to produce a slightly brighter sound with more high-end shimmer. The characteristic sapele sound is consistently balanced across the tonal spectrum, which makes it, again, suitable to a broad range of playing styles.
Smooth-playing Performing Artist neck
Whether you’re recording for hours or playing out late into the night, you’ll be glad you got a Martin Road Series GPC-11E. The GPC-11E features one of Martin’s outstanding Performing Artist series necks, whose slimmer profile is easy on the hand, allowing you to play those extended sessions in comfort.
Fishman MX-T electronics with auto-mute tuner
An onboard Fishman MX-T pickup system gives the GPC-11E plug-and-play gigging convenience. Unique to this system is its auto-mute soundhole tuner, which spares your audience the between-song tuning rigmarole without the need to alert your soundperson.
- Martin tone and innovation come to a competitively priced road warrior
- Built from solid tonewoods for premium projection and resonance
- Comfortable Grand Performance body style with neck cutaway
- Crisp, dynamic Sitka spruce meets a bed of warm, mahogany-like sapele
- Great-playing Performing Artist neck profile
- Gorgeous mother-of-pearl rosette and fingerboard accents
- Fishman MX-T electronics offer plug-and-play gigging convenience
- Auto-mute soundhole tuner permits discreet stage tuning
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Grand Performance
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Sapele
- Body Bracing: X-bracing
- Binding: Black
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Dots, 28 Style
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Material: Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material: White Corian/White Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T
- Strings: Martin Lifespan 2.0 Authentic Acoustic Phosphor Light
- Case Included: Softshell Case
We Also Recommend