Martin Standard Series OM-21 Orchestra Acoustic, Natural
Revered for finger-style and superb tonal balance, this orchestra model with scalloped X top bracing delivers a full and even sound for any solo gig or group jam. Sitka spruce and rosewood paired with a sleek low modified oval neck for great dynamic control, and tortoise coloured binding for a simple classic look.
A true Martin original, the OM is considered by many to be the design that ushered in the modern era of acoustic guitars. Martin unveiled the OM in 1930 as their Orchestra Model — a new body design that departed from the 12-fret designs they had offered since their founding in 1840. The OM offered a 14-fret neck and a 000-inspired body that translated to big, projected tone — ideal for the popular dance hall and orchestra-style performances of the time.
The OM-21 of today stays true to the OM of the 1930s, featuring a classic Sitka spruce top, rosewood back and sides, and select hardwood neck with ebony fingerboard and modest appointments that keep the price point lower but the sound still at the top. One of the new features of the OM-21 is the Performing Artist neck profile, which features a shallow oval shape with a slightly narrower taper than a typical OM’s neck.
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Orchestra 000-14 Fret
- Left-/ Right-handed:Right-handed
- Color: Natural, Aging Toner
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Brown Faux Tortoise
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Style 28 Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Case Included: Hardshell Case
We Also Recommend