Martin Custom Signature Edition DX Johnny Cash Acoustic-Electric, Jett Black
In the early 1970s, Martin Guitar was commissioned to design an all-black lacquered D-35 for country star Johnny Cash. Though Martin had never considered such a request before, an all-black D-35 for the "Man in Black" was custom-made. Cash went on to play his custom D-35 on stage for the next 20 years. In 2006, Martin released a commemorative D-35 Johnny Cash edition. New for 2019, the DX Johnny Cash is a nod to the history between Cash and Martin Guitar. Designed in collaboration with John Carter Cash and the Cash Foundation management team, the guitar features a classic Dreadnought body shape constructed with Jett black high-pressure laminate (HPL) top, back and sides. Like the earlier commemorative edition, this instrument includes a custom fingerboard inlaid with stars and the "CASH" logo. Johnny Cash's signature appears on the rosette and label. This model comes with Fishman® MX electronics and a soft gig bag embroidered with the "CASH" logo and is strung with Martin's Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 strings. The DX Johnny Cash was designed to be an accessible and playable guitar for anyone looking to honour the legacy of the legendary musician.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- BRACING: X-Brace, Scalloped
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- TOP, BACK AND SIDE MATERIAL: HPL
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: FSC® Certified Richlite®
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4"
- NUT MATERIAL: Black Corian
- NECK SHAPE: Performing Artist
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-5/32"
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman® MX
- INCLUDED CASE: Soft-Shell Gig Bag
We Also Recommend