Martin 15 Series D-15M Mahogany Dreadnought Acoustic w/ Gig Bag
Built on a dreadnought platform, the Martin D15M guitar boasts 14 open frets for a unique design and great range of tone. The top, back, and sides are genuine solid mahogany, offering strong guitar tone, with crisp, clear subtleties in each note's definition. One of mahogany's finest qualities is its density. Although it's not the hardest tonewood, it is free of air pockets and other deformities.
The vintage sound produced by the Martin D15M acoustic guitar is reminiscent of the Style 15 Martin guitars made popular during the 1940s. The Martin guitar is equipped with a mortise and tennon neck joint, offering the best wood binding practice ever conceived. Often used for shipbuilding, the process fuses 2 pieces of wood into a single, sturdy unit that stands up to the elements time and time again. The results are evident with the strength in tone and power in projection that you hear with each strum of this Martin acoustic guitar.
- Model: D-15M
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon neck joint
- Body size: D-14 fret
- Top: solid genuine mahogany
- Rosette: single ring
- Top bracing pattern: A-frame ''X''
- Top braces: solid sitka spruce 5/16''
- Back/Sides: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck: solid genuine mahogany
- Neck shape: modified low oval
- Nut material: bone
- Headstock: solid/square taper
- Headplate: solid East Indian rosewood
- Fingerboardl: solid East Indian rosewood
- Scale length: 25.4''
- Number of frets clear: 14
- Number of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard position inlays:
- diamonds & squares
- short pattern
- Finish: satin
- Bridge material: solid East Indian rosewood
- Bridge style: belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' radius/compensated/bone
- Tuning machines:
- Nickel open-geared
- Butterbean knobs
- Bridge & end pins: solid black ebony
- Pickguard: delmar tortoise color
We Also Recommend