Martin X Series DX2E KOA Dreadnought Sitka/Koa Acoustic-Electric
A re-imagined DX1KAE, the back and sides of this new guitar are constructed from a gorgeous, koa-pattern high-pressure laminate (HPL), generated from premium Hawaiian koa that was specially selected from Martin's wood stores. A mother-of-pearl-pattern rosette and fingerboard inlay step up the flash of this model while a new wood neck, bridge, and fingerboard make the instrument lighter and more balanced and offer better sound transfer. It is also equipped with Fishman® MX electronics and strung with Martin's Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 strings, giving the D-X2E superior sound to match its great looks. Add in a new soft gig bag featuring headstock, bridge, and endpin protectors, a durable water-repellent exterior, and foam padding, and this model is truly a stage-ready guitar.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- BRACING: X-Brace Pattern, Scalloped X with Non-Scalloped Tone
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- TOP FINISH: Hand-Rubbed
- BACK AND SIDE MATERIAL: HPL
- BACK AND SIDE DETAIL: Figured Koa Pattern
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Katalox
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4"
- NUT MATERIAL: White Corian
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Performing Artist
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Belly - Drop in Saddle
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2-5/32"
- PICKGUARD: Faux Tortoise
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman MX
- PLEKED: Yes
- INCLUDED CASE: Soft-Shell Gig Bag
We Also Recommend