Boss VE-2 Vocal Harmonist Effects Processor
The BOSS VE-2 Vocal Harmonist effects processor proves that you don't have to drop a ton of cash or lug around a pedalboard-sized gadget to get the vocal processing you really want. This compact device is so easy to use, you don't have to know a thing about music gear or music theory to dial in the perfect harmony or effects, and with a push of a button, you'll get instant studio magic. Plug in a guitar, and the VE-2 becomes more impressive still, using the chords you play to determine the harmonies it creates. What's more, you can run the VE-2 on just four AA batteries for totally portable operation, and USB connectivity even lets you take your favourite vocal effects into the studio.
The VE-2 Vocal Harmonist is a perfectly respectable automatic harmony generator, but where it really shines is when you plug in your guitar so it can listen to the chords you're playing. This not only allows the VE-2 to match its harmonies easily to the key in which you're playing, but you can also combine its key-tracking function with automatic harmony detection to create harmonies that both match your music and follow your voice. What's more, you have plenty of harmony options to choose from, spanning 12 1- or 2-voice options, each with a variation. So no matter how you perform, you're bound to find the perfect harmonies in the BOSS VE-2.
Harmony is just one of the things that the BOSS VE-2 Vocal Harmonist lets you do. In fact, it comes loaded with a smattering of cool effects and processors, making it easy to add a touch of studio magic to your live vocals. For starters, there's a simple one-knob effects control that lets you dial in reverb, delay, or a combination of reverb and delay. If you'd like to smooth out your vocals just a touch, just hit the VE-2's Enhance button and you'll be rewarded with a healthy dose of studio polish. Hit it again and you'll add in subtle but effective automatic pitch correction, which not only help you stay in tune in loud environments in which you can't hear yourself as well as you'd like, it also makes your automatic harmonies much more stable.
- An easy way to create real-time vocal harmonies and high-quality effects and processing anywhere
- Enjoy a user interface that's so simple to use that you don't need to understand effects or music theory
- Create harmonies by manually setting the song key or by connecting your guitar via the Auto Harmony function
- Hybrid mode creates harmonies based on both chords you play and the manual key setting
- Choose from 24 harmony types (12 x 1- and 2-voice harmonies plus variations for fuller sounds)
- Easily dial up reverb, delay, and combination reverb + delay effects with a single knob
- Enhance function automatically controls dynamics and lets you apply subtle pitch correction as you sing
- Three memory slots let you store and quickly recall your favorite settings
- XLR mic input with phantom power that's available even when running on batteries
- USB audio function lets you capture processed vocal sounds into your computer
- Puns on 4 x AA batteries or optional PSA-series AC adapter
We Also Recommend