Yamaha A3RVN Dreadnaught Acoustic-Electric, Vintage Natural
In the A3R acoustic-electric guitar, Yamaha offers a vintage look with enhanced volume in the low-mid ranges, due to new scalloped bracing for the top and shorter bracing on the dreadnought's back. With a solid Sitka spruce top and solid rosewood back and sides, the guitar sounds fantastic. The A3R takes full advantage of Yamaha's acclaimed SRT2 pickup system for recording and stage performance. You get volume, treble, and bass controls (with auto feedback reduction), and blend control allows you to balance between the piezo and SRT2 preamp signals for your own distinctive tone.
Modern audio engineering with vintage style
While the Yamaha A3R has a traditional western body cutaway, its lows and highs resonate even more fully than those generated by conventional designs, thanks to new scalloped top bracing and shorter back board bracing. These modifications allow the top and back to resonate more naturally and with greater volume in the low-mid ranges. The western cutaway gives it a classic look, but an all-new brace design definitely brings the Yamaha A3R into the twenty-first century.
Quality woods plus innovation equal brilliant sound
Sitka spruce is highly valued for guitar tops — and for good reason. This select grade of stiff but elastic softwood is gorgeous and is equally suited to aggressive strumming, flatpicking, and even fingerpicking styles of play. The A3R features a solid Sitka top with solid rosewood back and sides, producing warm, balanced tones from low to high. This guitar looks, plays, and sounds great.
Studio sound onstage
Normally you can best hear a guitar's subtle nuances in the studio while it's miked, but the A3R has Yamaha's SRT2 pickup system, which brings those wonderful acoustic sounds to the stage. With blend control, you can balance the output from the under-bridge piezo pickup with the signal from the SRT preamp, creating your own unique tone with studio-crisp clarity and natural tone.
- 6-string acoustic-electric with traditional western cutaway
- Solid Sitka spruce top and solid rosewood back and sides for a bright, warm tone
- SRT2 system allows you to blend between piezo and SRT2 preamp signals for a personalized sound
- Improved scalloped bracing for a more resonant, richly musical tone
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Vintage Natural
- Finish: A.R.E. treated top
- Top Wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Solid Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped bracing
- Binding: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: 3-piece Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuning Machines: Die-cast chrome
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut Width: 1.692"
- Electronics: SRT2 preamp with saddle pickup
- Case Included: Hard bag
We Also Recommend
Yamaha A1MTBS Dreadnaught Acoustic-Electric With Traditional Western Cutaway, Tobacco Brown Sunburst