Taylor AD17e Blacktop American Dream Ovangkol/Spruce Acoustic-Electric Guitar w/ AeroCase
Named after the guitar shop where Taylor Guitars was founded in 1974, the American Dream® Series reflects the principles of innovation and resourcefulness that have always helped Taylor get through challenging times. These are the lowest-priced solid-wood, US-made guitars in the Taylor line. Designed for the times, these guitars have everything you need, and nothing you don't.
Solid ovangkol back and sides bring much of the sparkle and low-end presence you would expect from rosewood, plus a leveled-up midrange for a truly balanced sound up and down the neck. With a solid spruce top, the Grand Pacific body shape produces warm, seasoned acoustic tone reminiscent of vintage acoustic recordings. V-Class bracing adds its tone-enhancing magic to the mix, producing louder notes and chords that sustain and bloom with impeccable intonation. Together, the tonewood pairing, body shape, and interior bracing add up to a versatile workhorse, capable of filling a room with rich cowboy chords or soft fingerpicked melodies. Aesthetically, the AD17e is detailed with minimal appointments to preserve its classic character. Chamfered body edges, stained spruce edge trim, a three-ring rosette in Hawaiian koa, and a faux tortoiseshell pickguard add to the refined visuals, with an Urban Sienna stain for the back and sides and a thin 2-mil matte finish optimizing the guitar's lively acoustic response. It ships with built-in ES2 electronics in a light yet strong Taylor AeroCase.
• Chamfered Edges - Smoothed edges around the body of the guitars translate into a more comfortable feel for your picking arm.
• Thin Matte Finish - At .002 inches, a thin finish optimizes the acoustic resonance. Visually, it fits the guitar's elemental aesthetic.
• Simple Appointments - Dot inlays and other distilled detailing offer players both a great music tool and a great value.
• Taylor AeroCase™ - The best of both worlds: all the protection of a hardshell case with material construction that's a fraction of the weight.
- Body Shape: Grand Pacific
- Bracing: V-Class
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Body Wood: Ovangkol
- Body Finish: Matte
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Top Finish: Matte
- Neck: Tropical Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Frets: 20
- Fretboard Wood: Eucalyptus
- Nut/Saddle: Black Tusq Nut, Micarta Saddle
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Electronics: Expression System® 2
- Case: AeroCase
We Also Recommend
Taylor Custom 414ce-R V-Class Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric, Shaded Edge Burst w/ Case