Martin Road Series DC-13E Dreadnaught Acoustic-Electric, Natural
With its gorgeous Sitka spruce top, mutenye back and sides, and Fishman electronics, the DC-13E is an ideal entrée into the world of solid-wood Martin dreadnought acoustic-electric guitars. In addition to quality solid tonewoods, this guitar features a smooth-as-glass Richlite fingerboard and bridge and a hand-rubbed neck finish. Like other Road Series models, it also sports Fishman MX-T electronics with an onboard soundhole tuner that auto-mutes the output, so you can tune up any time without using a pedal.
A cornerstone of modern music
Martin's early dreadnoughts set into motion the guitar's prominent role in modern music and set the standard for tonal quality in acoustic guitars. Martin dreadnoughts became known for resonant warm tones, quality craftsmanship, and tasteful styling. For those reasons, Martin guitars became an important part of the music written and performed by the stars of the 1920s and '30s. Post-WWII, the Martin dreadnought became a cornerstone of the folk and folk rock music of the '50s and '60s. The powerful voice and full sound of these iconic instruments have made them a staple in the bluegrass world, but their bold sonic signature is heard cross-genre.
The CF Martin legacy
What hasn't been said about the CF Martin company? Martin — a name virtually synonymous with the acoustic guitar — took root in the United States in 1833 with a little shop in lower Manhattan. Five years later, Christian Frederick Martin moved his business and family to the rolling hills of Pennsylvania, where Martin's been located ever since. From the dreadnought body shape to the 14-fret neck, Martin innovations paralleled (and indeed, drove) the development of the acoustic guitar itself. When you play any Martin guitar, you're holding a piece of music history.
Spruce, rosewood, and mahogany
You just can't beat the bold brilliance of solid Sitka spruce on top of solid rosewood. You'll be instantly taken by the huge sound of the OM-21's solid East Indian rosewood back and sides. It's a wood that brings out all of the power and nuance in technique. And it's a favorite among fingerstylists for just that reason. What's more, the OM-21 is topped with scalloped X-braced solid Sitka spruce, adding crisp and powerful overtones. When you imagine what a Martin OM is supposed to sound like, this is it.
Performing Artist neck taper
Whether you need to survive long recording sessions or plan to play out late into the night, you'll be glad you have a Martin OM-21 acoustic guitar. The OM-21 features a modified low-oval neck profile with the Performing Artist taper. As Martin puts it, the OM-21's Performing Artist Taper is "great for strumming up near the nut or sliding into leads further down the fingerboard." This slim profile is easy on your hand, allowing you to play those extended sessions in comfort.
Well-suited for both picking and fingerstyle
While every guitarist has their own preference, most guitarists will agree the OM-21 is equally suited for both fingerstyle and flatpicking. Its 1.75" nut width gives you that extra bit of string spacing that really helps fingerstyle players, without being so wide that you can't play lead runs with a pick. Get the OM-21 in your hands, and we're sure you'll be impressed no matter how you play it.
- Solid Sitka spruce top, solid mutenye back and sides; gloss finish
- Sitka spruce X-bracing, non-scalloped
- White binding; faux tortoise pickguard
- Select hardwood neck, Performing Artist with high performance taper, hand-rubbed finish
- Richlite fingerboard, 16" radius, 20 frets, dot inlays
- Richlite bridge, 2.15625" string spacing
- Compensated white TUSQ saddle; plastic bridge pins
- Fishman MX-T electronics
- 25.4" scale length; 1.75" Corian nut
- Enclosed gear tuners; dual-action truss rod, neck heel access
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Mutenye
- Body Bracing: X-bracing
- Binding: White
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Dots, 28 Style
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Material: Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material: White Corian/White Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T
- Strings: Martin Lifespan 2.0 Authentic Acoustic Phosphor Light
- Case Included: Softshell Case
We Also Recommend