Kentucky KM-276 Artist Oval Hole A-Style Mandolin
Before 1922, most popular mandolins had Oval-shaped sound holes; offering a distinctive sound that played a significant role in shaping the sound of popular music of the day. The diminutive size, unique voice, and relative affordability made it perfect for a wide range of musical styles.
To this day, vintage examples of these popular A-style instruments are still played by discerning musicians and coveted by collectors around the world. Now, anyone can afford to own this legendary mandolin design in a Kentucky KM-276 A-style mandolin with the oval sound hole! Incorporating the best features of vintage designs, and using only the best tone woods, each instrument is expertly hand-carved and graduated to produce an instrument with a tone, look and build quality of highly prized collectible instruments.
So take a step back in time by playing a new instrument that combines all the best features of old and the new -priced so that is affordable to all players.
- Solid, hand-carved and graduated spruce top
- Solid, hand-carved flamed maple back and sides
- New vintage-style body shape with “Oval soundhole”
- One piece maple neck with dovetail neck/body joint at the 10th fret
- Nitro-cellulose finish – Brown
- Bound rosewood fingerboard with M.O.P. dot position markers
- Traditional “Snake-head” peghead design with rosewood overlay – inlaid Kentucky script
- Vintage-style rosewood bridge with small adjustment wheels
- Traditional 2-screw truss rod cover plate
- Bone nut
- Highly polished nickel silver frets
- Nickel-plated tailpiece with leather insert
- High-quality, nickel-plated Gotoh tuners with engraved plate
We Also Recommend