Kentucky KM-252 Artist A-Style Mandolin, Blonde
In 1922, mandolin designs began to change, as did the musical tastes of the time. The greatest Acoustic Engineer of the day began to develop designs that incorporated F-shaped sound holes instead of the Oval-hole designs that ultimately tightened-up the airy, woody nature of the traditional A-shape, and accentuated the treble frequencies often lacking in previous designs.
All combined, these instruments offered the musician better balance and greater volume to meet the ever-changing musical styles to come. The Kentucky KM-252 Artist A-model Mandolin offers a professional quality instrument that is still affordably priced. All materials are hand-carved, with the tops and backs meticulously arched and graduated to achieve the correct balance of strength and lightweight rigidity for optimal tone.
So, for the best value out there in a professional-quality A-style mandolin, make America's Favorite mandolin your choice!
- Solid, handcarved and graduated spruce top
- Solid, handcarved and graduated maple back and sides
- Authentic, vintage 1920s-style body outline
- F-shaped soundhole
- One-piece maple neck with dovetail neck/body joint at the 14th fret
- Rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl dot position markers, bound in white ABS
- Vintage-correct raised pickguard of laminated Black/White/Black ABS with beveled edge and vintage style attachment hardware
- Bone nut
- Snakehead rosewood peghead overlay with vintage Wreath white pearl peghead inlay
- Pearl Kentucky script
- Vintage-style, adjustable rosewood bridge with small adjustment wheels
- Traditional 2-screw black
- ABS truss-rod cover plate
- 13 7/8-inch scale length
- 22 highly-polished nickel silver frets
- Nickel-plated tailpiece with coverplate and leather insert
- High-quality tuning machines with white buttons
- High-gloss nitrocellulose finish vShop-adjusted
- Case sold separately
We Also Recommend