Fender Vintera '50s Telecaster Modified, Maple Fingerboard - Surf Green
Do you dig vintage-vibed guitars? Do you prefer modern features and playability? If so, you’ll appreciate everything about the Fender Vintera ‘50s Telecaster Modified. It’s teeming with vintage mojo, thanks to its vintage-inspired color and vintage-tinted neck, along with a vintage-style, 3-saddle bridge, 1-ply pickguard, and vintage-style tuning machines. But, wrap your hand around its comfortable Thick Soft V-shaped neck, with its 9.5”-radius fingerboard, and you’ll quickly realize that the Vintera ‘50s Telecaster Modified doesn’t feel like a vintage axe. You also get hot-rodded Custom Shop pickups and updated electronics for a decidedly modern Tele sound. The Vintera ‘50s Telecaster Modified — who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too?
Blends the best of the old with the best of the new
The Vintera ‘50s Telecaster Modified was tailor-made for players who crave vintage mojo but demand modern features and playability. This Tele sports a vintage-inspired color and vintage-tinted neck for a classic aesthetic; however, it boasts a contemporary Thick Soft V-shaped neck, 9.5”-radius fingerboard, and 21 medium-jumbo frets for modern playability; plus, hot-rodded Custom Shop pickups and updated electronics deliver an array of modern tonal textures. You also get a vintage-style, 3-saddle bridge, knurled flat-top knobs, 1-ply pickguard, and vintage-style tuning machines, giving you the best of both worlds.
Custom Shop pickups deliver hot-rodded Tele twang
Twangy and articulate, the Fender Vintera ‘50s Telecaster Modified comes armed with a killer set of Custom Shop single-coil pickups. In the neck, you’ll find a Twisted Tele. This unique pup borrows the taller Alnico V magnets from Fender's Jazz Bass pickups, providing the added bobbin space for thicker gauge wire for a hotter, brighter, and punchier sound that's almost Strat-like. In the bridge, you’ll find a hot-wound vintage-style pickup with Alnico II and III magnets, Formvar-coated wire, and staggered beveled pole pieces — everything you need to reproduce the crisp, snarling sound that made the original Tele so versatile. As if that's not enough Tele tone to make anyone happy, the Vintera ‘50s Telecaster Modified augments the standard 3-way switching with 4-way switching and an S1 switch. Series wiring makes this Tele sound fat, like a humbucking pickup, while the S1 switch places the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone.
The Vintera Series — value-priced, vintage-styled Fenders
The Vintera Series offers Fender’s most popular models in a myriad of shapes and sizes. These instruments are ideal for players who dig vintage-style Fenders, but feel that American Original and Custom Shop guitars are out of their reach. Vintera Series instruments are available in both Vintage and Modified configurations: Vintage models span the ‘50s to the ‘70s, with period-correct specifications for each era, while Modified models look like vintage instruments, but include modern updates that contemporary guitarists will appreciate. All Vintera Series guitars and basses boast Tim Shaw-designed pickups and are available in a wide array of vintage-inspired colours. Guitarists have found the Vintera Series to be the perfect introduction to Fender’s iconic lineup of legendary instruments.
- Telecaster with vintage style, plus modern sound and playability
- Thick Soft V-shaped neck makes playing feel effortless and comfortable
- 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets supplies modern playing feel
- Custom Shop single-coil pickups deliver hot-rodded Tele twang
- Augments standard 3-way switching with 4-way switching and an S1 switch
- 3-saddle bridge with brass barrel saddles ensures maximum sustain
- Vintage-style tuning machines supply rock-solid tuning stability
- Knurled flat-top knobs, 1-ply pickguard, vintage-style strap buttons, 4-bolt neck plate
- Vintage-tinted neck and vintage-inspired color
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Vintera '50s Telecaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Color: Surf Green
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Thick Soft V
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 3-saddle American Vintage Strings-through body
- Tuners: Fender Viintage-style
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop "Twisted" Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Vintage-style Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume (push for S-1 phase switching), 1 x master tone, 4-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Fender NPS, .009-.042
- Case Included: Gig Bag
We Also Recommend
*Fender 75th Anniversary Commemorative Telecaster, Maple Fingerboard - 2-Colour Bourbon Burst