Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster - Vintage White
In the pantheon of legendary Stratocaster players, Eric Johnson has more than carved out a place for himself. And with the introduction of the Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster signature model, he is taking the instrument to new sonic territories. With the guitar's historic shape, Eric's preferred neck carve, and the man's signature single-coil pickups all accounted for, they're attached to a semi-hollow alder body. This construction not only removes weight, but it also allows the guitar to sing with a new level of resonance and air. If you want to play what EJ plays, the Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster is it.
When Eric Johnson talks tone, people listen. So it's no surprise that his move to semi-hollowbody Stratocasters is perking up some ears. This Strat's alder body boasts hollow cavities on both the treble and bass side with a solid toneblock running from neck to end pin down the middle. If you've ever experienced the top-end detail and woody character semi-hollowbody construction adds to your tone, you'll understand what this instrument is capable of. And it's all completed with an elegant-looking F-hole along the guitar's bass side.
Eric Johnson signature single-coils
Eric Johnson possesses some of the most awe-inducing clean and driven electric guitar tones out there. It's his ceaseless quest to perfect that sound that has led Fender to release his signature set of three single-coil pickups. Special care was taken to reproduce the exact output and sweet tone Johnson is after, utilizing a mix of Alnico 3 and Alnico 5 staggered magnets. And the Eric Johnson Strat Pickup Set boasts a hotter bridge pickup to ensure you enjoy a balanced signal across all the pickup switching positions.
Eminently playable neck
Eric and the team at Fender spent a lot of time crafting a neck that would offer the best of vintage feel with modern playability. Your fretting hand will cradle the all-maple neck's '57 Soft-V profile that offers enough wood for excellent sustain and comfort, while also allowing the fleet-fingered passages Johnson is known for. The fingerboard has been planed to a flat-ish 12" radius, which encourages wide bends without the fear of fretting out. Finally, like the guitar's body, the neck is finished in a vintage-correct nitrocellulose lacquer that will age gracefully.
- Semi-hollow Stratocaster designed for Eric Johnson
- Even-toned alder construction
- Semi-hollow construction is lightweight and adds resonance and clarity
- Comfortable '57 Soft-V neck profile
- Fast-playing 12" fingerboard radius
- Loaded with 3 EJ Signature single-coil pickups
- Vintage-style tremolo
- Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Vintage White
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '57 Soft V
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 6-saddle Vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners: Vintage-style Staggered
- Neck Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Middle Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x volume, 2 x tone (brige, neck), 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, .010-.046
We Also Recommend
*Fender Limited Edition American Professional Stratocaster with Solid Rosewood Neck - Desert Sand