Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd Generation 18-in, 8-out USB Audio Interface
A Compact, Expandable 4 Pre Interface with Extensive I/O Capabilities
The 3rd Generation Scarlett 18i8 gives you all the tools to record all your instruments in studio quality, anywhere. With its high channel count, compact size and a huge selection of software in the box, 18i8 is ready to record your band wherever you are.
- Four of the best performing Scarlett mic preamps the range has ever heard now with Air for miking up guitars or recording vocals
- Two high headroom instrument inputs, for plugging your guitar or bass straight in
- Eight balanced line inputs, for connecting synths or other line-level audio, and four balanced outputs, for monitoring and effects sends
- Four monitor outs, featuring anti-thump tech and speaker switching
The third-generation Scarlett 18i8 is the perfect audio interface for recording engineers and producers who need to adapt to their recording environment, wherever they are.
It offers eight analogue inputs: four mic/line inputs, two high-impedance, high-headroom instrument inputs and four additional fixed-line inputs on the rear. An optical input allows for expansion of up to eight additional channels for larger recording sessions. And with improved A-D and D-A conversion, your recordings and playback will sound clear and pronounced up to 24-bit/192kHz, vital to helping you perfect your mix.
Scarlett 18i8 features four of Focusrite's best-ever-performing third-generation Scarlett mic preamps: with optional Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of their original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal or acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound. There's a pad on every mic preamp to accommodate higher-level signals without clipping.
Scarlett 18i8 offers two extra line outputs over the previous generation, and speaker switching technology for dual monitor setups. Two independent headphone outputs allow for both engineer and artist to monitor during recording sessions, and a pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels - making podcasting, live streaming and sampling tasks easier.
And as with all Focusrite products, you'll also benefit from membership in their Plug-in Collective, offering free software downloads and generous discounts as well as a two-year warranty and award-winning customer support.
• Ableton Live Lite music making software
• Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack
• Free 3-month Splice Sounds subscription with new Splice accounts
• Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
• A choice of 1 of 4 XLN Audio Addictive Keys virtual instruments
• Softube Time & Tone Bundle
• Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
What's in the box
- Scarlett 18i8 3rd Gen.
- 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
- Power Supply
Connectivity: USB Type-C
Protocol: USB 2.0
Form Factor: Rack Mount (1U)
Simultaneous I/O: 18 x 8
A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
Number of Preamps: 4
Number of Pads: 4
Phantom Power: YES
Instrument Inputs: 2
Line Inputs: 8
Analog Outputs: 4
Headphone Outputs: 2
Main/Alt Speaker Switching: YES (via software)
Digital Inputs: S/PDIF & ADAT input
Digital Outputs: S/PDIF
MIDI I/O: YES
Bus Powered: NO
Included PSU: YES
We Also Recommend